Reflections from the great philosophers and thinkers...

What is life?
Does God exist?
What is our origin? and where do we end up?
Is there another living beings in the universe?
What are the underlying secrets behind world's chaos?
Could philosophy save humankind?
Could science and math save our future?
What is the origin of language?
The answer lies beneath your mind!!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Philosophy: Reflections on Heraclitus' Constant Change


CONSTANT CHANGE
            “You cannot step in the same river twice”, says Heraclitus. There is a constant change in everything. For seven years of stay in the seminary, only Heraclitus made me think and realize that I have changed.
            Today, I reminisce the day that I decided to study in the seminary. It’s a life-changing decision. Before my interpose in St. Gregory the Great Seminary, I was quite in doubt of my decision. At that time, I was so confused. I cannot see things clearly. If I will enter seminary, I will miss lot of things---I can’t use my cell phone, can’t play computer games, can’t watch my favorite soap opera and so many things. I want to study in the seminary but I was drastically attached with worldly things. I have to decide but I was totally undecided. No one advised me even my parents for they themselves are against with my decisions. I tried to back out but it is against my will. I don’t know if my decision is right. But I bear in mind that “wrong decisions can be corrected, but zero decisions can’t”.
            That decision changed the course of my entire life. That decision had a total impact to my life and perhaps to the lives of my love ones. Somehow, it has an impact to them. That decision somehow changed the atmosphere of our house. It changed my family. That decision has brought me to the height of human fulfilment and happiness.
Inside the seminary, I experienced the most ironic process of change. We were introduced with things we‘ve never met before. The seminary changed my personality and character. Before, I just relied on destiny. But successful men don’t. They make their own destiny. Why leave your future in the hands of faith? Expectation can make it great! The seminary taught me to do and think two to five steps ahead.
It is only in the seminary that I have experienced activities that have ground-breaking transformative effects in my character and personality. I had a lot of time inside exploring topics that are brand new and deal with people who shares innovative and deep insights. The seminary has magnificent structures that have expanded my horizons. As I reached out beyond the walls of the seminary, I was able to harvest the majestic and positive perspectives of the realities within our world which before I just ignored. The seminary taught me to do these things. These structures also gave me a technical expertise in communicating with people at the level I’ve never imagined.
The seminary is a place for the best, for the hand-picked. Some say that seminary is the place for the elite. But we may not be the best, but we always strive to become. We may not have a supreme intellect to become successful but only through a personal change in us would do. If we aim for success, we should change first ourselves, change our perspectives. This process of change in us is a constant change. It is a lifelong task. A positive outlook plus willingness to change will bring us to the upper echelon of success!

No comments:

Post a Comment